- MSRP: Y220/250/270 ~ $3000/3300
- shape: between the Gibson Explorers 1958 and 1976, but with headstock like a "banana"
- construction: set neck (the first made have a step where the neck joins the body, similar to a Gibson explorer)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood 22 frets XJ with pearl dot inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo for black guitars, black/gold glittered for white guitars
-- back of headstock: XXXXXXXX (8 digits) serial number stamped in white or black (NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo). Some of the early models have nothing (no serial) on back of the headstock.
For now I've tracked only this guitars:
1989 - XXXX9XXX - GREY SPARKLE;
1989 - 270690XX - GREY SPARKLE (No step, square input jack plate)
1991 - 230814XX - BLACK (with 250 headstock)
1992 - 140522XX - WHITE with trem.
IF YOU HAVE AN MX-220 PLEASE CONTACT ME!
colors and other features: olympic white, black, grey sparkle
- notes: This is the most rare Esp Explorer...hard to find today...
- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" black/gold glittered logo;
- back of headstock: 6 or 7 or 8 digits serial number stamped in black (NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo)
There's 2 different version of the EET FUK:
1st version - 1989 - rounded bell truss rod cover, flat neck to hedstock, step where the neck joins the body, round input jack plate
07 - 1989/06/14 - 140697XX - 2nd version - OHSC (purple)
08 - 1989/06/16 - 160698XX - 2nd version - ?
11 - 1990/09/17 - 03750X - 2nd version - OHSC (purple) + ESP CHECK CARD
Example of ESP MX-220 black standard
Example of ESP MX-220 EET FUK "1st version"
Example of ESP MX-220 EET FUK "2nd version"