1989 - Gibson Custom Slash Les Paul
(no production release)
- Limited: 4 pieces - No production release.
- Gibson MSRP: -
- Model Name: SLASH
- shape: ’59 Les Paul Standard
- construction: set neck
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany with maple top, Yellow Binding
- fingerboard: rosewood, Dunlop 6100 jumbo 22 frets, 24 3/4" scale, Trapezoid inlays, Yellow Binding
- electronics: Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 humbuckers, Amber knobs, 2 volumes, 2 tones, toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Black Hardware Stop Bar bridge & tailpiece, black chrome Schaller M6’s with Kluson-style buttons
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: Gibson Logo with Slash chrome truss rod cover
Today Slash has 3 of them (2 red, 1 orange), fourth now belongs to Dennis Robbins of the Billy Hill band.
"I used real oddball stuff, like transitional numbers and X's, and one of the serial numbers is Slash's birthday." (J.T. Riboloff) [07-23-1965 --> 72365]