1990 - ESP MX-220 "single coil"
- shape: It has the MX-220 body but features the MX-250 headstock on which James has painted the "Scary Guy" drawing.
- construction: set neck
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood 22 frets XJ with pearl dot inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / Single Coil (mid) / Single Coil (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector, 3 mini switches
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo for black guitars, black/gold glittered for white guitars
-- back of headstock: "????????" (8 digits) serial number stamped in white or black (NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo)
colors and other features: Gloss Black color with scary guy drawing on the headstock painted by James
- notes: Was made for "the Unforgiven"...That song was recorded with single coils and that is what that guitar was made for...to get those crystal clear sounds...
Used live along with the MX-250 "nra" inlays around 1992.