1991 - ESP MX-250 "man to wolf"
- shape: respect MX-220 have more sharp points (no banana headstock), slightly longer body (bottom strap button to tip of headstock), switch moved further away from the volume pots, no step in the neck.
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: ebony 22 frets XJ with PEARL MAN TO WOLF INLAYS, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo, bullet truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo
colors and other features: Black with hi gloss finish
- notes: This is the most famous model that James Hetfield use, from the "Black Album era" to today...in every live concert or studio recording...
One of the more special MX-250 guitars that James acquires during the black album era.