ESP KH-1 SIGNATURE SERIES - Custom / MV-290
- year: 1992 / 1997
- MSRP 1995: $2295
- shape: similar to Gibson Flying V
- construction: bolt-on neck
- neck: maple
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale, 2 XJ frets, "dancing devil" inlays, 42mm Locking Nut
- electronics: active EMG 81 pickup (bridge), 1 Volume
- hardware: original Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo, ESP Tuners, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" light grey/gold glittered logo + Kirk Hammett signature in light grey (the first made can't have signature)
-- back of headstock: K-1XXX serial number stamped in white, "ESP CUSTOM GUITARS" round white glittered logo + Made in Japan patch
1994 - MSRP: $2295 K-116X; K-12XX
1995 - MSRP: $2295 K-176X; K-180X
1996 - MSRP: $2295 K-183X;
1997 - MSRP: $2695 K-184X; K-185X
- colors and other features: black with white pickguard, black hardware
- notes: comes with ESP C.O.A. and ESP hardcase
- the ESP KH-1 "Asian", a cheaper version with ESP passive humbuckers instead of EMG and softbag instead of hardcase.
The serial follow the normal K-1XXX system.
- the ESP KH-1 "Custom order" and MV-290, made only in few pieces by the Japanese ESP custom shop.
Neck through body, costs twice as much as the bolt-on version.
MV-290 don't have the hammett signature on the headstock, made in 1992.
Serial: XXXXXXXX (8 gidit serial number) stamped in white in the back of headstock
Here some records:
1992 --> 12092280, 14092287 (MV-290)
1993 --> 17093631 (KH-1 NTB)
2003 --> K0338105 (KH-1 NTB custom order)
KIRK'S KH-1 GUITARS: are different from the production release because they have
1) 2 humbuckers, fixed bridge, 2 volume, 1 tone, no signature
2) 2 humbuckers, floyd rose, 2 volume + 1 tone + toggle in line, no signature
3) K0338105 a standard Custom KH-1 with 1 pickup, no signature