ESP EXP with tremolo
- year: from 1992 to 2000 (2003 in Japan) , Japan - Production release
- shape: same of MX-250
- construction: bolt-on (4 screw)
- neck: maple (EXP have angled neck respect the body, EXP W.TREM have neck straight to the body)
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood 22 frets XJ with pearl dot inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 Toggle 3 way switch
- hardware: all black hardware, Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar or floyd rose bridge
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo for black guitars, black/gold glittered for white guitars
-- back of headstock: "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo glittered white for black model, black for white model
-- serial number: XXXXX (5 digits) punched on the bolt plate in the neck. (The date of manufacture is write on pencil on the body of the guitar where is joined to the neck...you have to unscrew the neck).
Here some records:
1992 - 603XX --> 618XX
1993 - 702XX --> ?
1994 - 166XX --> 183XX
1995 - 201XX --> 244XX
1996 - 257XX --> 261XX
1997 - 273XX --> 294XX (MSRP: $2295)
1998 - 301XX --> 357XX (MSRP: $1999)
1999 - 339XX --> 369XX
2000 - 379XX --> 414XX
The trem version was built in 1994 - 1995 - 1998 - 1999.
I think the Bolt Plate numbers are identical to all the ESP model of this period...so the data is useful for all the model with this plate!
If you have other records please help me!!!
- colors and other features: black with hi gloss finish, Olympic white
- notes: The difference with the MX are only two: bolt on neck instead of set neck and rosewood fingerboard instead of ebony fingerboard. The tremolo version with original Floyd Rose have more thik body (45mm instead of standard 40mm). Also available at lower price with ESP Custom Pickups instead of EMG.
Available in lefty version as custom order.
ESP EXP WITH TREM.