1996 - ESP JH-1 "red"
- shape: similar to Gibson Flying V
- construction: Bolt-On-Neck
- neck: maple
- body: alder
- fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 XJ frets, "diamond" inlays, "M" ninja star on first fret
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), Volume, Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Tune-o-Matic Bridge with Stop Tailpiece
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" red hot rod flames logo
-- back of headstock: (nothing) - some have "ESP Custom Guitars" round white glittered logo
-- serial number: XXX (3 digits) punched on the bolt plate in the neck
- colors and other features: black with red hot rod flames, black hardware, comes with C.O.A.
- notes: James also have a green version of this guitar