1996 - ESP MX-250 "black diamond plate deer skull"
- shape: respect MX-220 have more sharp points (no banana headstock), slightly longer body (bottom strap button to tip of headstock), switch moved further away from the volume pots, no step in the neck. Gibson style single screw bell shaped truss rod cover changed in 1996 to bullet style truss rod cover
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany + black diamond plate on top
- fingerboard: ebony 22 frets XJ with pearl "deer skull" inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo, bullet truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: "????????" (8 digits) serial number stamped in white (NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo)
colors and other features: Black with hi gloss finish
- notes: On the body appears black metal plate, which snap does not need a "plugs".
Used live regularly from the "load" era to the "st. anger" era. It can be seen in the song "Sad But True" to "Cunning Stunts".