1997 - ESP KH-4 "Fuck You"
- shape: It has the same basic configuration and spec's as the KH-2 but the top routing for the pearloid pickguard give this guitar different body cavities and slightly different tone.
- construction: neck through body
- neck: maple (1,5mm more thick respect KH-2)
- body: alder sides
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale, dot inlays, "FUCK YOU" at 12th fret, 42mm Locking Nut
- electronics: active EMG 81 pickup in the bridge, EMG 89 in the neck position, Roland midi unit (for roland vg8/vg88), 2 Volume, 1 Tone, lever 3 way selector
- hardware: recessed Original Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo, Gotoh Tuners, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" light grey/gold glittered logo + Kirk Hammett signature in light grey + white truss rod cover after 2005
-- back of headstock: ? (8 digits) printed in black + "ESP CUSTOM GUITARS" round black logo
- colors and other features: Black with mother of pearl pickguard (some have also pearloid truss rod cover)
- notes: Kirk uses this guitar with his Roland VG-8 midi processor for recording.
He did use it as his backstage warm up guitar.
(some of the productions models did have a white pearloid cover)