2003 - ESP MX-250 "papa het tattoo"
- shape: MX-250
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood 22 frets XJ with pearl "lucky charms" inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar, Sperzel locking tuners, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo, bullet truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: NO serial, NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo
colors and other features: white with hi gloss finish + Dirty Donny custom graphics
- notes: James gave one of his favorite ecplorers to freelance artist Dirty Donny, and this magnificent piece of artwork is the result. It features a burnong tire with wings and the words "since 1963" referring to Hetfield's birth year. James later added the spider webs and probably designed the headstock logo. Has been used live since 2003.