2003 - KENNETH LAWRENCE "flaming sun"
- shape: similar to MX-250 but with KL original 3+3 headstock
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany w/"pre-stressed" graphite spars and "dual acting" truss rod
- body: mahogany with Quilted Bubinga top and headcap, Wenge Rear Cover Plate
- fingerboard: Central American Rosewood "Grenadillo" fretboard w/"Blind Binding" with "Gold and Black Mother of Pearl" "flaming sun" inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm), Graph Tech nut; 22 frets .110" x .052" "Wide Pyramid" from Sanko Seisakusho, Japan; Fibre-optic Orange LED
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Tone Pro¹s Bridge and Tailpiece, Schaller straplocks, Sperzel locking tuners, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: Hand cut Mother of Pearl Logo
-- back of headstock: (nothing)
-- rear of the cover plate: serial number + date of production + KL signature
- colors and other features: Hand rubbed Oil and Wax finish
- notes: comes with hardshell fly case and c.o.a.
The second first Ken Lawrence Explorer that James received in Spring '03. Today James replaced the standard EMG with JHEMG.
More info at: