2008 - ESP Iron Cross Black
- shape: same of ESP Eclipse
- construction: Set-Neck
- neck: 3-piece mahogany, Thin U Neck Contour
- body: Mahogany with maple top
- fingerboard: Ebony, 22 XJ EVO Frets (Gold) Ni-Free Alloy, " flag" inlays with "ESP" at 12th fret, 24.75” scale
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck) with Distressed Gold Covers, 2 Volume, Tone, Toggle 3 way selector (toggle in upper position is inactive)
- hardware: Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge & Tailpiece, Sperzel locking tuners, Schaller straplocks, 42mm Bone Nut
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" metallic logo, "JH" signature, "Iron Cross" write on the truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: ICXXX serial number + K09XXXXX serial number, "ESP CUSTOM SHOP" round gold logo, (made in Japan patch)
- colors and other features: Distressed Black, Distressed Gold Hardware
- notes: comes with C.O.A. and signature "Iron Cross" ESP hardcase
Inspired by Hetfield's modified 1973 Les Paul Custom called "Uncle Milty". Used regularly at gigs. While his original one is used for warm ups and studio work.
Recently James has swapped the original EMG 81/60 set with his own JH set.