2008 - ZEMAITIS Flying V GZV-500MF
- shape: simil flying V
- construction: all one piece
- neck: honduras Mahogany
- body: honduras Mahogany
- fingerboard: Ebony 22 XJ frets with "diamond" inlays, "diamond cross" on 12th fret, 25” scale
- electronics: DiMarzio PAF set, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Zematis duralumin tune-o-matic style bridge & tailpiece, Shaller locking tuners, satin chrome hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" metallic logo, "JH" signature, "Iron Cross" write on the truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: ICXXX serial number + K09XXXXX serial number, "ESP CUSTOM SHOP" round gold logo, (made in Japan patch)
- colors and other features: Distressed Black, Distressed Gold Hardware
- notes: engraved metal top with metal ornaments on headstock
Because it has a DiMarzio PAF set, Hetfield likes using it for old cover and songs from Kill'Em All.
James swapped the places of the volume knob and the toggle switch to get his usual layout.