2009 - ESP KH-DC STBLK Black
(See Through Black)
The KH-DC, a new double cutaway archtop design, is available in 2012 as the latest ESP and LTD Kirk Hammett Signature Series model.
The prototype was onstage with Kirk during Metallica’s Death Magnetic world tour.
- year: 2012-->today
- MSRP 2013: $4999
- shape: double cutaway
- construction: set neck
- neck: mahogany, Thin U Neck Contour
- body: mahogany, Flamed Maple Top
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale, 350mm radius, 22 XJ frets (from 17 to 22 Scalloped), "Skull & Crossbone" green inlays, 42mm Locking Nut
- electronics: active EMG pickups 81 bridge / 60 neck gold covered, 2 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 way toggle switch
- hardware: Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge & Tailpiece, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Gold Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" italic logo + Kirk Hammett signature
-- back of headstock: SSXXXXXXX (9 digits) serial number + "ESP SIGNATURE SERIES" white round logo + "MADE IN JAPAN" patch
- colors and other features: See Thru Black
- notes: comes with ESP C.O.A. and ESP hardcase
The guitar in the pic is a prototype. It has Gibson inlays not ESP inlays.
As far as I know it is the only one I have ever seen him play.
It was clearly pre-2013 because in 2013 they started putting an inlay at the first fret.