2012 - Epiphone 1984 Explorer EX (SN)
- year: 2012
- MSRP: $ ...
- shape: Explorer 1984 Design (no pickguard)
- construction: Set-Neck
- neck: mahogany SlimTaper™ “D” Profile
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: rosewood 22 frets, dot inlays, 24.75” scale, 12” radius, 1.68” nut width
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 85 (neck), 1-Master Volume, 1-Master Tone, 1-Bridge Volume, Battery 9-volt, hinged compartment in back, Pickup selector Epiphone all-metal 3-way toggle switch
- hardware: Bridge LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic and Tailpiece StopBar, Machine Heads Grover® with small metal buttons
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "Epiphone" white logo
-- back of headstock: XXXXXXXXX MADE IN CHINA serial printed or stickered + "Limited Edition Custom Shop Epiphone" logo
- colors and other features: Color Alpine White (AW) with black headstock, ebony (EB), Black Hardware, black knobs, Typical Weight (+/- 5%) 8.3 lbs
- notes: a reissue similar to the ESP MX-220 guitar, but with some differences... I thing Gibson want a little revenge with this uncommon positionon of the knobs copied from the ESP MX-220.