- year: from 1994 to 1999 (2003 in Korea) - Production release for the Japanese market
- MSRP: Y130 ~ $1600
- shape: same as MX-250
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: ebony 22 frets with pearl dot inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), Volume, Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, Nashville style tune-o-matic and stopbar
- logos and serials: XXXX (4 digits) serial number in the neck pickup cavity
-- front of headstock: "LTD" light grey/gold glittered logo for black guitars, black/gold glittered for white guitars
-- back of headstock: (nothing)
- colors and other features: available in Black, plastic black diamond plated, plastic chromish diamond plated
- notes: The cheaper version of the MX-250, also available with plastic diamond plate on top.
"Mine doesn't seem to have XJ frets. They are actually pretty small, and I like that. Not too high either. They seem wider than Gibson frets but about the same height, possibly a tad lower... the serial number in the neck pickup cavity of my MX 130 is 8889...but I have no idea of when was made..."