1996 - ESP MX-250 "woodburned elk skull"
- shape: respect MX-220 have more sharp points (no banana headstock), slightly longer body (bottom strap button to tip of headstock), switch moved further away from the volume pots, no step in the neck. Gibson style single screw bell shaped truss rod cover changed in 1996 to bullet style truss rod cover
- construction: set neck (no step)
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: ebony 22 frets XJ with pearl dot inlays, 24.75" scale (628mm)
- electronics: active EMG 81 (bridge) / 81 (neck), 1 Volume, 1 Tone, Toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Gotoh tuners, ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP Custom" light grey/gold glittered logo, bullet truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: "????????" (8 digits) serial number stamped in white (NO "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo)
colors and other features: Black with hi gloss finish + WOODBURNED ELK SKULL + Ninja star graphic on the back
- notes: Played live from 1996 to 2007
Made personally for James in 1996 by the great artist Dino Muradian (dino-muradian.html). On the body and headstock is the wood burning elk skull graphic with barbed wire and on the back the 4-M-star logo. The barbed wire inlay is done in silver by Rob Thorn (www.thornguitars.com). The custom shop in Tokyo replicate a few pieces of this guitar until 2003 as custom order [ONLY 6 pieces]. There's also some replica made by Ed Roman and others...